Thursday, September 07, 2006

Well, I'm getting into the swing of things this semester. Though the tasks are trying, the feeling of accomplishment each time I turn in a paper or project is worth it.
This past Wednesday was the third Wednesday that I couldn't go to church. I have a class on Wed. nights from 5:00 to 7:50! I hate that I can't go and I hate it even more that I no longer sing on Wednesdays. I have to admit, sometimes singing midweek really put things into perspective for me. No matter what was going on, I knew I had to sing, and taking the time to do it always calmed me down and brought me to a place that was higher than my trivial problems. I guess I can still have my own private, little singing session on Wednesdays, when I get home or in the car. But nothing can compare to being in that service.
For those of you who can, GO! It is so refreshing to step out of yourself and into the presence of God, especially in the middle of a busy week.

3 comments:

my stuff,your stuff,we all got stuff said...

Janie,
so very true.in fact i was talking to colt wednesday night.before he had to leave church to get you from class.in how much i miss not seeing either one of ya'll on wednesday and some sunday's.
it,just feel's so strange to me not seeing either of ya'll at time's.speically after something we have all been together for the past 2 or so year's in wednesday night church.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
my stuff,your stuff,we all got stuff said...

angie,
i think janie know's what i mean by that one angie.we have all been together as friend's in wednesday service's together for 2 year's.

sorry,janie if angie thought it might have been something else.